AboutMHAIRI MAIN GARCIA
Mhairi is a partner in the energy team of international law firm Dentons. Based in Dubai, she is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer specialising in energy and infrastructure projects, advising on project development, M&A and capital markets in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Mhairi has a passion for renewables and clean energy. Working on projects across the MENA region, she focuses in particular on advising on corporate and commercial aspects of utilities projects, including conventional power and renewables projects (solar (solar PV and CSP), wind and waste-to-energy), in addition to advising on water, wastewater and district cooling projects.
Mhairi also serves as vice-chair of the board of the Clean Energy Business Council.
Some of Mhairi's recent renewables experience includes advising on:
- bids for the Amin 100MW and Ibri 500MW solar PV independent power projects in the Sultanate in Oman;
- DEWA phase IV CSP independent power project in Dubai;
- bids for DEWA phase 2 and phase 3 PV independent power projects in Dubai;
- Shams Ma’an PV independent power project in Jordan;
- Fujeij Wind independent power project in Jordan;
- a bid for the Sakaka independent power project in Saudi Arabia;
- Ouarzazate (Noor I), Noor II and Noor III CSP independent power projects in Morocco;
- a bid for the Sweihan PV independent power project in Abu Dhabi; and
- the Kabd waste to energy project in Kuwait.
Mhairi is admitted as an attorney in the State of New York and a solicitor in England and Wales.
TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITALIZATION IN SOLAR PANEL: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, ELECTRIC CARS, BIG DATA, CYBERSECURITY, BLOCKCHAIN?
TIME: 15:55 - 16:40
DATE: 27 November 2018